Sunday, September 28, 2008

poems

Homework, I Love You
by Kenn Nesbitt

Homework, I love you. I think that you’re great.It’s wonderful fun when you keep me up late.I think you’re the best when I’m totally stressed,preparing and cramming all night for a test.
Homework, I love you. What more can I say?I love to do hundreds of problems each day.You boggle my mind and you make me go blind,but still I’m ecstatic that you were assigned.
Homework, I love you. I tell you, it’s true.There’s nothing more fun or exciting to do.You’re never a chore, for it’s you I adore.I wish that our teacher would hand you out more.
Homework, I love you. You thrill me inside.I’m filled with emotions. I’m fit to be tied.I cannot complain when you frazzle my brain.Of course, that’s because I’m completely insane.


Food Fight
by Kenn Nesbitt

We’d never seen the teachersin a state of such distress.The principal was yellingthat the lunchroom was a mess.
It started off so innocentwhen someone threw a bun,but all the other kids decidedthey should join the fun.
It instantly turned intoan enormous lunchroom feud,as students started hurlingall their halfway-eaten food.
A glob went whizzing through the air,impacting on the wall.Another chunk went sailing outthe doorway to the hall.
The food was splattered everywhere—the ceilings, walls, and doors.A sloppy, gloppy mess was onthe tables and the floors.
And so our good custodianran out to grab his mop.It took him half the afternoonto clean up all the slop.
The teachers even used some wordswe’re not supposed to mention.And that’s how all the kids and teacherswound up in detention.

No comments: